Sending email out from Mailosaur
Use the sending function in Mailosaur to simulate someone sending an email to your product.
If your product is capable of handling inbound emails, you can use Mailosaur’s sending feature to trigger this functionality in your product.
Sending an email to start a test
At present, Mailosaur only supports the ability to send within the Mailosaur Dashboard.
- Go to the Servers page in the Mailosaur Dashboard.
- Click on a server.
- Click on Sending at the top of the page.
- Select the email address to send to. You can only send to verified email addresses (see “Verifying email addresses” below).
- Enter the subject and message body for the email (Note: the message body field supports Markdown syntax.)
- When you are finished, click Send Message.
Verifying email addresses
You can only send to an email address whose owner has agreed to receive email from Mailosaur.
You can verify an email address by following these steps:
- Go to the Settings page in the Mailosaur Dashboard (click the cog icon in the main navigation).
- Go to the Verified Email Addresses page.
- Click the Add Email button.
- Enter the email address you want to verify, then click Save.
- The owner of the email address will be emailed an approval request. Once approved, a tick is shown to indicate the address can be sent to.